Christ-Centered Resources: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1WD4QT-q01SaMXwESRx4-ZQ2hm4sfbpYo?usp=sharing
- John 3:16-17- “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.
- 1 Timothy 4:8– For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come.
- Psalm 139:13-14– For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.
- 1 Corinthians 9:24-26- Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize. 25 Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last, but we do it to get a crown that will last forever. 26 Therefore I do not run like someone running aimlessly; I do not fight like a boxer beating the air. (Running is not all that important) To run is to run aimlessly for a crown that will not last.
- Ephesians 2:10– For we are God’s handiwork (masterpiece), created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.
- 1 Corinthians 6:19-20– Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your bodies.
- 1 Corinthians 10:14– No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it.
- 1 Samuel 6:7– 7 But the Lord said to Samuel, “Do not consider his appearance or his height, for I have rejected him. The Lord does not look at the things people look at. People look at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart.”
- Matthew 6:25– “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes?
- Phillippians 4:13– I can do all things through him who strengthens me.
- Romans 14- One person’s faith allows them to eat anything, but another, whose faith is weak, eats only vegetables. The one who eats everything must not treat with contempt the one who does not, and the one who does not eat everything must not judge the one who does, for God has accepted them. Who are you to judge someone else’s servant? Whoever eats meat does so to the Lord, for they give thanks to God; and whoever abstains does so to the Lord and gives thanks to God. I am convinced, being fully persuaded in the Lord Jesus, that nothing is unclean in itself. For the kingdom of God is not a matter of eating and drinking, but of righteousness, peace and joy in the Holy Spirit, because anyone who serves Christ in this way is pleasing to God and receives human approval. Do not destroy the work of God for the sake of food. All food is clean.
- Romans 12:2– Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.
- Colossians 3:2– Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things.
- Ecclesiastes 3:12-13– I know that there is nothing better for people than to be happy and to do good while they live. That each of them may eat and drink, and find satisfaction in all their toil—this is the gift of God.
- Proverbs 31:30– Charm is deceptive and beauty is fleeting, but a woman who fears the Lord will be praised.
- Romans 12:1- Brothers and sisters, in view of all we have just shared about God’s compassion, I encourage you to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, dedicated to God and pleasing to him. This kind of worship is appropriate for you.
- Psalm 55:22– Cast your cares on the LORD and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous be shaken.
- Romans 8:26– In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us through wordless groans.
- Ecclesiastes 9– Anyone who is among the living has hope[b]—even a live dog is better off than a dead lion! Go, eat your food with gladness, and drink your wine with a joyful heart, for God has already approved what you do.
- John 1:5- The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it.
- Isaiah 40:29- He gives strength to the weary and power to the weak.
- Philippians 4:6-7 do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus
- Psalm 55:22 Cast your cares on the LORD and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous be shaken.
- Zephaniah 3:17 For the LORD your God is living among you. He is a mighty savior. He will take delight in you with gladness. With his love, he will calm all your fears. He will rejoice over you with joyful songs.
- Mark 1:19 (In saying this, Jesus declared all foods clean.)
The Surrendered Christian Athlete by Brant Tolsma
The Assist: A Gospel-Centered Guide to Glorifying God Through Sport by Brian Smith
Run the Mile You’re In- Finding God in Each Step by Ryan Hall
Present Over Perfect by Shauna Nequist
What’s True About You by Holley Gerth
The Purpose Driven Life: What on Earth Am I Here For? By Rick Warren
Discerning the Voice of God by Priscella Shirer
FINDINGbalance Christ-Centered Food/Body Image Modules- https://findingbalance.mykajabi.com/a/2147504778/Wpi9tGpb
Athletes in Action Ultimate Training Academy
UTC Every- camp for learning how to glorify God through sport https://athletesinaction.org/camps/utc-every/
On Campus Resources:
Fellowship of Christian Athletes
Athletes in Action (Part of Cru)
The Grace Alliance